Apple-Honey Dessert Pizza
from Divine Kosher Cuisine by Risé Routenberg and Barbara Wasser
Yield: 12 slices
9-inch unbaked pie shell
Flour for dusting
1/4 cup honey
1 cup applesauce
2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/3 cup ground nuts
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Grease cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Remove pie crust from foil pan, dust lightly with flour and roll into 12-inch circle directly on sheet or pan.
- Crimp edge of dough to form rim, prick with fork and brush with honey.
- Cover with applesauce to rim. Top with apple slices in concentric circles.
- Sprinkle with nuts and raisins. Combine sugar and cinnamon and
sprinkle over top. Bake 20 minutes or until crust is firm and golden
brown. Cut into wedges.
Hint: Add chocolate minichips, nuts or finely chopped maraschino cherries.